Wednesday 3 May 2017

Belmond Governor's Residence Hotel, Yangon

Events of Tuesday 2nd May 2017

I slept well in the luxurious surroundings of the Governor's Residence and took a simple breakfast in the open air on the Garden Terrace (there is the alternative of an 'inside' restaurant with air conditioning).


The Governor's Residence: Part of the open air Garden Terrace.

I toyed with various ideas as to where I might go but I still felt very tired so, in fact, I spent the whole day in my room dealing with e-mails, amending or adding blog posts and uploading photographs to my 'Flickr' site which is linked in my blog posts.


The Governor's Residence Hotel, Yangon: 2017: At work on my computer.

Even with the benefit of the fast internet connection, it became clear that I would not complete the work so I broke off for a pot of tea and a cheese sandwich (a very elaborate and superior cheese sandwich). After the break, I did more computer work but, having concluded that the alarm would need to be set for 5.45 a.m. on Wednesday, I stopped fair early and retired for the night.

Related Posts on this Website

Next Post describing this trip.
All 2017 Trip posts.

My Pictures

Where necessary, clicking on an image above will display an 'uncropped' view or, alternately, pictures from may be selected, viewed or downloaded, in various sizes, from the album listed:-
The Governor's Residence Hotel.

[Pictures added: 1-Sep-2017]