Monday 1 May 2017

A less-taxing day in Yangon

Events of Thursday 27th April 2017

After the exertions of the previous few days, I decided on a quiet morning at the Doctor's house in Yangon, blogging and backing up pictures ready to upload when possible.

The Doctor's wife had learned that coverage of our Distribution to children in Hlaing would be in the Sky Net television news programme sometime between ten and eleven so I moved my computer to the room with a television and waited with the Doctor's wife, carrying on working on the computer until the item came on.

The segment was about six minutes long and featured two interviews with local staff followed by lots of pictures of the distrbution itself with a voice-over commentary.

In the afternoon, the Doctor and I went to the Belmond Governor's Residence Hotel in Taw Win Road for a meeting with Eddie Teh, General Manager Belmond Myanmar Hotels and Cruises, to discuss the Belmond Myanmar Foundation (of which I am a trustee). Eddie is a strong supporter of the work being carried out and has very clear ideas on the way ahead which I fully endorse.


The elegant, open-sided lounge on the upper floor of the Governor's Residence.

Related Posts on this Website

Next post describing this trip.
All 2017 Trip posts.

My Pictures

The Governor's Residence Hotel, Yangon.