Thursday 10 May 2018

Last day in Yangon

Thursday, 10th May 2018

This was my last day in Yangon. I had breakfast, finished packing and said farewell to everybody in Doctor Hla Tun's household. I was sad to be leaving. The Doctor ran me to the Belmond Governor's Residence hotel for a meeting with Eddie Teh, Belmond's General Manager in Myanmar, about the activities of the Belmond Myanmar Foundation in Myanmar.

Early Friday morning I was booked to fly to Bangkok on flight PG706 at the rather inconvenient time of 05:50, requiring a check-in at 03:50. Eddie kindly suggested that I stay at the Belmond Governor's Residence in the meantime, allowing me to upload some pictures to the internet. This has the advantage that, rather than worry about my departure, Doctor Hla Tun could concentrate on his own flight Friday morning to Bagan, where he would no doubt face another gruelling weekend of consultations at Bagan Medical Clinic.


Belmond Governor's Residence.

Related posts on this website

This is one of a series of posts describing my 13th visit to Myanmar. The post Travelling again is the first post in the series and then, by clicking on the 'Next report' links you may read about the trip in sequence.
Alternately, clicking on the 'All my Burma-2018 reports' link displays all the posts on this trip in reverse date-of-posting order.
All my Burma-2018 reports.

This is the last report on my Myanmar trip but from Bangkok, I flew to Kathmandu for a few days in Nepal. The first report on the Nepal trip is here.
Alternately, clicking on the 'All my Nepal reports' link displays all the posts on this trip in reverse date-of-posting order.
All my Nepal reports.

My pictures

The Governor's Residence Hotel, Yangon

All my general pictures on this amazing trip to Myanmar can be found in the collection Burma 2018.

['My pictures' links and picture added 7-Aug-2018]