Sunday 20 April 2014

Qatar

Sunday evening, 20th April 2014

It's 20:45 in Qatar (two hours ahead of England) and I'm in the large Business Lounge after a good flight by A330 from Manchester. I've just had time for a quick shower before making my way to the gate for the connecting flight to Yangon. So far, very good. Well, I went to the Gate as requested and they apologised, saying boarding would be delayed 20 minutes, so I came back to the lounge. There are lots of uniformed Qatar Airways girls around the terminal (plus plenty of sober-suited men). All the girls are very friendly, without being gushing (Britsh Airways please copy).

The Qatar Airways Business Lounge at Doha Airport.

I was very impressed with the flight from Manchester to Qatar. The A330 cabin was very clean and inviting and the business class section at the front was only partly loaded, all making the flight more enjoyable. The crew were very helpful and attentive without being intrusive.

The entertainment system was lots of channels on demand and plenty of new releases. Not quite state-of-the-art so the picture quality wasn't brilliant with slight patterning but eminently watchable. Flights are the only time I see modern films before they appear on television, so I watched 'Gravity' (quite impressed) and 'Alpha Papa' (produced only the occasional titter).

More

Next post describing this trip.