Wednesday 11 September 2013

Stationery Distribution at Naba railway station

The following brief report was received from Doctor Hla Tun:-

On 20th August 2013, a stationery distribution was made at Naba railway station, during the 'Road to Mandalay' Bhamo Cruise 1.

Dr. Hla Tun and a young Guest from 'Road to Mandalay' distributing stationery to students on the broad platform at Naba Railway Station.


This photograph is from the set RTM Social Contribution.

The rather odd venue for the stationery distribution is because the 'Road to Mandalay' Guests had travelled from Katha to Naba by Private Train and so the station was a convenient location for the stationery distribution.

I've previously visited Naba myself in 2010 (when I was allowed to travel in the cab of the diesel locomotive hauling the Private Train) and again in 2012. However, we didn't make a stationery distribution on either of these trips. My report of the trip in 2010 is Train Ride to Naba (with links to my photographs). My report for the trip in 2012 is By Train to Naba (again, with links to photographs).