Monday 6 September 2010

Communication Problems

Monday 6th September 2010

We lost the satellite link which provided internet after a few days of sailing north but they expected to re-acquire it. Unfortunately, it never came back. When we arrived at Mandalay, they were sure I'd get internet at the Sedona Hotel (where I'd stayed on my second visit to Burma) but the link went down just before I arrived and didn't come back. My last day in Yangon was spent at the The Governor's Residence and, after some initial difficulties, I managed to get some e-mails out but my Blog remained inaccessible.

It was only when I arrived in my suite at the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok that I obtained a good Wi-Fi connection (144Mbps, sometimes lower).

How quickly we take for granted these amazing technical achievements, commenting only when they're denied us.